How Can I Help?
We can all experience difficulties at times and feel overwhelmed, confused, anxious, scared or alone. It is not always easy or practical to confide in friends or family.
I can offer you a safe and confidential environment where you can explore and discuss your concerns at your own pace, without fear of judgement. I shall not give you advice as I truly believe that you are the expert on your life. Together, we will explore whatever you are going through and I may, at times, offer you suggestions and information.
I passionately believe in the power of listening, empathy, acceptance and giving opportunities to clients to explore whatever they are experiencing patiently and supportively. With greater insight and care, clients can see their self-confidence improving and feel empowered to make the decisions that are right for them. My approach is non-directive, which means that you decide what and how much you tell me and together we can embark on a journey of self-discovery, self-acceptance and potential change.
So… How do I work?
I work in an integrative and relational way. I use different models and techniques to adapt my approach to your unique needs and the most important aspect of our work together will be our relationship. For those who know about counselling, my approach is based on person-centred counselling complemented by elements from psychodynamic, gestalt, transactional analysis, inner child work, group psychoanalysis, neuroscience and mindfulness.
Here are some concerns that you may wish to explore with me in counselling:
- Anxiety and related issues
- Attachment issues
- Childhood issues
- Cultural differences and diversity
- Domestic violence, rape and sexual abuse (present and historic)
- Family issues and relationships
- General counselling
- Infertility, pregnancy, loss, postnatal depression and related issues
- Isolation, loneliness
- Life changes (divorce, change of career, etc.)
- Long-term and terminal illness and life change
- Loss, grief, bereavement
- Low self-esteem, self-worth, self-belief
- Sexuality and intimacy issues
- Shame, guilt
- Trauma (including posttraumatic stress)
- Work related issues (stress, redundancy, change of job, redeployment, bullying)
Counsellor in South Gloucestershire & Bristol